CURRY HEALTH CENTER -
STUDENT ADVOCACY RESOURCE CENTER (SARC)
The Student Advocacy Resource Center seeks to provide a highly confidential, free and safe service on UM's campus for survivors of discrimination, stalking, and sexual and/or relationship violence, as well as to provide support to their partners, friends and relatives. SARC provides counseling, advocacy and case management to support crisis resolution and recovery. SARC also assists survivors with accessing UM and community resources, and advocates on their behalf when requested. SARC strives to be welcoming, accessible, available and safe for the entire UM community without bias, prejudice or preference.
SARC also seeks to raise awareness and reduce the silence surrounding discrimination and sexual crimes. SARC is committed to providing ongoing training, education and support for our staff, volunteers and interns.
We celebrate diversity, support the right of all students to pursue success in our academic community, openly respect and care for everyone, and are committed to a campus free from discrimination and unwelcome physical, sexual, emotional or social coercion. It is our goal that every interaction and every communication be respectful, considerate, professional and supportive.
- Drop-in Support Center and 24-hour Support Line.
- Academic and medical advocacy.
- Assistance with reporting to University or community law enforcement.
- Individual and group counseling.
- Bystander intervention, diversity, healthy relationships, self-care and first responder trainings.
- Awareness-raising events around interpersonal violence and healthy relationships.