Residence Life staff are trained and knowledgeable about campus services and can help sexual assault victims find assistance, change housing, and change their landline numbers in University housing if needed.

The Residence Life Office provides safe, clean, healthy and affordable living and learning facilities for students, staff, faculty and guests. We provide services in these facilities in a way that supports and nurtures each person's experience at UM. Our highly trained staff awaits your call to discuss any concerns you may have. Your call will be handled discreetly. 

Full-time staff / Area Coordinators for the residence halls are full-time, master's degree professionals who live and work in the residence halls with the students. They supervise the Resident Assistants and are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the residence halls. They are trained to help victims of sexual assault and relationship violence. 

Student staff — Resident Assistants (RAs) for residence halls, Community Assistants (CAs) for University Villages, Village Assistants (VAs) for Lewis & Clark - are trained to help victims of sexual assault and relationship violence. They can also connect students to campus resources.


  • Changes in housing.
  • Connect student to campus resources.
  • Changes to University phone numbers in residence halls or apartments.

UM Turner Hall map

University of Montana
Residence Life Office

406-243-2611, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday
Turner Hall, room 101

Residence Life staff are available at each housing location, and by phone 24/7.

Find UM Residence Life online.